Friday, January 16, 2015

I have an announcement

Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result, but Edison said he never failed, he just learned 10,000 ways that won't work!  That's why we keep going, why we fight, and why we never give up.

Yes,  I know, I've been here, and done this before.  Some might think I'm crazy, and they are probably right to some degree.  I mean really who wants to do it again.  To go through the anguish, the roller coaster of emotions, the day to day grind.  To go to bed and wake up day in, day out and do the same things over and over.

I have been waking up with a renewed sense of urgency, and purpose.  I've been smiling more, that's how I know the time was right.  I know there is a long way to go, and lots of decisions to be made.  Plenty of hard work ahead, but yes its time.

WE HAVE A DATE

Everyone has been asking, and yes there is a date.  Saturday, October 3rd in Cambridge Maryland, the A-Train and the PB&J crew will take on IRONMAN, Maryland for another 140.6 mile adventure!

PB&J Crew IMFL 2013


There will be pain.  There will be plenty of swearing.  There will be plenty of "goof" updates from Brad.  I am certain Jamie will tell me she hates me plenty of times, although this one was her idea.  There will be plenty of blood sweat and tears as we train together over these next nine months.  I'm ready.

SEE YOU AT THE FINISH LINE

A number of years ago I did my first triathlon at Fort Desoto, I saw a couple crossing paths on the run course.  The age written on his leg was 68, I didn't see hers. They stopped, embraced and kissed, then he smiled and said "I'll see you at the finish line". It was one of the most moving things I've ever seen during a race.

For the last two years, Kari and I have trained together and raced together.   She's been at the finish lines for me and I for her.  I can honestly say, I was more nervous the day she did Ironman than the day I raced it myself.  She's been beside me on the worst day of my life, and the most amazing day.  I sincerely hope that she and I will be that couple, years from now at a race, stopping to kiss or even cross the finish line together. 

The real announcement:  I asked her, and she said YES!  Now we don't have a date set, but stay tuned, the journey continues.



No comments:

Post a Comment